Cutting edge facilities and a multidisciplinary team of more than 400 researchers. Our commitment with HealthTech innovation makes us the best strategic partner for your company or project.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis
- Analysis of high throughput data, including Metabolomics, Proteomics, Transcriptomics and Genomics. Integrative analysis between several omics.
- Medical Image analysis (MRI, X-ray, CT).
- Biomedical signals analysis (EEG, ECG, Calcium imaging, BCI, among others).
- Pattern Analysis and Machine Learning for clinical and biomedical devices.
- Custom design of reactive data science dashboards.
- Automatic reporting from synchronous or event triggered events from biomedical databases.
- Generic Big-Data related techniques and Deep Learning.
- Computational Modelling.
- Image & Video processing (facial expression recognition, language analysis, object or body tracking, emotion and gesture analysis).
Robotics and Biomechanics
- Assisted surgery (image processing and computer vision, image-based diagnosis, medical imaging physics, computational modelling and simulation of virtual organs and surgical interventions, navigation in computer-assisted surgery, surgical devices and implants, surgical robotics).
- Motion Capture and movement analysis.
- Force measurement.
- Electromyography (EMG).
- Pressure measurement (in-shoe plantar pressure).
- Recording and analysis of high-density electromyography (HD-EMG).
- Musculoskeletal modelling.
- Optical metrology (3D body scanning).
- Design, implementation and evaluation of digital solutions for interventions.
- Wearables and embedded devices.
- Hardware and software engineering.
- Applications for mobile devices in the field of eHealth.
- Security and privacy on open networks and multimedia content.
- Fog Computing and IoT.
- Event-driven architecture.
- Psychology and ICT.
- Ambient Assisted Living.
- Systematic observation.
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Chemical and structural characterization of materials (XRD, MS, HPLC, UV, AES, FTIR, ICP-MS/OES, etc.).
- Microscopy (SEM, FESEM, TEM, AFM, FIB-SEM, MO-IA, CSLM, Interferometric, Fluorescence).
- Mechanical, electrochemical and physical characterization (MIP, micro-CT, DSC).
- Biological characterization (cytotoxicity, cell adhesion, proliferation and differentiation, bacterial adhesion and biofilm formation).
- Micro-nano-bio sensors and biomonitoring.
- Heat and Surface treatments.
- Animal studies and histological characterization.
- Functional textiles (study, prototype, industrialization and training).
- Functional Printing.
- Artificial pancreas..
- Forensic engineering.
Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Virtual and Augmented Reality and immersive interaction.
- Visualization of complex n-dimensional information.
- Geometry processing.
- Advanced 3D graphics interaction systems.
- Physically-based animation and rendering.
- Procedural modeling.
- Real-time rendering.
- Modeling complex systems.
- Video Games.
- Gamification and Simulation.
- Computer Graphics.
Instrumentation and medical devices
- Design of medical equipment and systems (biomedical instrumentation for diagnosis, therapy and monitoring).
- Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy and Tomography.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and Safety.
- Chronic disease.
- Neurological disorders (Epilepsy, Alzheimer, Parkinson, Down Syndrome, Schizophrenia, Multiple Sclerosis, among others).
- Mental Health (Psychiatry and Psychology).
- Minimally invasive surgery and surgical complications.
- Pediatric disease.
- Respiratory disorder.
- Obesity (food, nutrition & health).
- Epidemiologic studies.
- Health economics.
- Design and evaluation of health service policies.
This project has been co-funded by the European Union through the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and has the support of the Secretariat of Universities and Research, Ministry of Enterprise and Knowledge of the Government of Catalonia.